The Inn was originally built as a summer cottage in 1906 by a Boston attorney named Phillip Blagdon. The land was owned by his wife's family, the Runnels. The land can be traced back to one of the original settlers in Stockbridge, a missionary family named Williams, who came to the area in 1739 to convert the Stockbridge Indians to Christianity.
The land and the property stayed in the Blagdon family until 1972. It was then sold a number of times before coming under the ownership of Karen Putman, who turned it into a guest house.
In 1982, Lee and Don Weitz bought the guest house and named it the Inn at Stockbridge. They lovingly restored the Inn, and added what is now the owner's quarters. In 1995, Alice and Len Schiller purchased the Inn, moving from Maplewood New Jersey to make Stockbridge their home. Alice and Len built the cottage house in 1997 and the barn in 2001, devoting 18 years as stewards of this lovely estate.
We, Lisa Morehouse and Jeff Bell, purchased the Inn in 2013, making the leap from IT professionals (okay, computer geeks) to innkeepers, fulfilling a 10-year dream. We want to continue on the path of our predecessors, making the Inn a place of warm hospitality and exceptional service.....one that you will want to return to again and again.